(321) 253-3447
2715 North harbor City Blvd., Ste. 4
Melbourne, FL 32935

Resolving Arrest Warrants in Brevard County, FL

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy often help clients resolve an outstanding arrest warrant issued in Brevard County, FL, for a felony or misdemeanor case. An arrest warrant can be issued for any number of reasons. Depending on the facts of the case, your attorney can help you in the following ways:

  1. Find out the bond amount and whether the prosecutor or the court will agree to lower the bond amount;
  2. Work with law enforcement to negotiate your surrender so that you spend the least amount of time in jail as possible; and
  3. If the warrant was improperly issued, the attorney can petition the court to withdraw the warrant or capias.

Failure to Appear in Court

In certain cases, the court may issue a warrant or capias for your arrest after you fail to appear in court. In some of these cases the individual has a valid reason for missing the court date. If appropriate, your attorney can file a motion to withdraw the capias and reset the case for another court date.

Violation of Probation Warrants

If the probation officer alleges that you violated probation, then the court may issue a “no bond” warrant for your arrest. Hiring an attorney in these cases is important for several reasons. First, your attorney can contact your probation officer to find out what conditions are outstanding.

Your attorney can give you advice on how to come into compliance quickly. In certain cases, your attorney may be able to file a “motion to surrender” which will give your attorney an opportunity to ask the judge to set a more reasonable bond before you go into custody.


Contract an attorney from our firm to discuss any outstanding warrant or capias issued in Brevard County, FL, or the surrounding counties. We would be happy to discuss the case with you during a free consultation so you can determine the best way to resolve the case.

Additional Resources

Arrest warrants in Brevard County, FL – Visit the clerk of court website for answers to frequently asked questions about arrest warrants issued in Brevard County, FL, including information on failure to appear, bail bond information, and changing a court date.

This article was last updated on Friday, May 11, 2018.

Client Testimonials

(321) 253-3447
  1. Menu
  2. Our Firm

  3. Practices
  4. Contact
Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy, LLC
Assign a menu in the Right Menu options.