DUI with Property Damage
If you are facing charges of a DUI with Property Damage or Non-serious Injury in Brevard County area, including Cocoa, Malabar, Cape Canaveral, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbor Beach, Cocoa Beach, Palm Shores, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, Titusville, Palm Bay, Melbourne, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Melbourne Village, or West Melbourne, contact the DUI attorneys at the Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy to secure representation for your case.
DUI with Property Damage Defense Attorney in Brevard County Florida
Drunk drivers inflicting property damage or non-serious injury are serious criminal offenses with severe criminal consequences under Florida Law. First-time DUI offenders causing property damage or any non-serious personal injury may be convicted of a first-degree misdemeanor punishable by twelve months jail time.
DUI with Property Damage or Non-serious Injury Charges
The Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy attorneys are experienced DUI attorneys in Melbourne. In order for you to be charged with driving under the influence with property damage or non-serious injury, Florida State prosecutor must provide evidence proving the following:
- The DUI offense suspect drove or was in definite control of an automobile.
- As a result of controlling the automobile, the suspect caused personal injury or damaged personal property.
- While driving or in definite control of the automobile, the suspect one way or another was under the influence of an alcoholic or controlled substance that impaired the suspect’s normal faculties or the suspect blood or breath alcohol level was of .08 or more.
Penalties for DUI with Property Damage or Non-serious Injury
All corresponding penalties under Florida Law for first, second, third, fourth or subsequent DUI offenses will be in effect if convicted of a DUI charge. Penalties for DUI with Property Damage or Non-serious Injury will be enhanced if the following factors exist:
- The suspect’s blood or breath alcohol level was of .15 or greater while driving or in definite control of the automobile
- A minor under the age of 18 years accompanied the suspect at the time of the DUI
Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy | Brevard County Property Damage DUI Arrest
Our Melbourne DUI attorneys at the Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy defend those accused of DUI in Brevard County, Volusia County, Seminole County, Osceola County, Indian River County and Orange County. Contact us for an immediate consultation to begin the process of your DUI defense. Submit your case details in our online form or call (321) 253-3447.