If you’re facing drug trafficking charges it is vital that you consult with a criminal defense attorney before talking with law enforcement officer. Contact our Melbourne criminal defense attorneys with the Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy at (321) 253-3447 for a consultation on the possible defense strategies we can pursue to defend your drug trafficking case in Brevard County, FL, or the surrounding areas.
Drug Trafficking Defense Lawyer in Brevard County, FL
The State of Florida drug trafficking charges include punishments of up to life imprisonment with mandatory minimum sentencing of up to 15 years imprisonment. It is important that you contact an attorney quickly after the accusation so that your attorney will be able to pursue all avenues of attacking the criminal charges.
Drug Trafficking Information Center
- Filing Motions to Exclude or Suppress Evidence
- Avoiding the Harsh Penalties
- Penalties for Drug Trafficking Depend on the Type of Substance
- Possible Punishments under Florida Law for Drug Trafficking Offenses
- Florida Trafficking Penalties: Cocaine
- Florida Trafficking Penalties: Cannabis or Marijuana
- Florida Trafficking Penalties: Heroin
Our lawyers have helped clients with these drug trafficking-related offenses by aggressively defending them in federal and state drug courts. We believe in filing all appropriate motions to suppress evidence seized during unreasonable searches. In order cases, motions to dismiss evidence can be filed when insufficient evidence supports any finding that you constructively possessed the drugs.
In other cases, the primary evidence used against our client is their own statements. In many of those same cases, the statement was taken without reading Miranda or only after certain promises were made. Often by filing and litigating those types of motions can you attorney obtain the best results.
Any drug offense conviction could potentially have harsh penalties, including statutory minimum portion sentence requirements. Listed are some of the consequences of being convicted of a drug crime. Trafficking Drug Offense convictions could:
- require you to serve day for day as a period of incarceration under the minimum mandatory rules;
- require you to pay fines from $10,000 to $100,000;
- inability to seal your record even if the court withholds adjudication which will forever label you a drug trafficker;
- cause all of the other indirect consequences that go along with any drug conviction;
- Two-year revocation of your driver’s license that begins once your period of incarceration is over.
Our criminal defense attorneys have handled charges involving trafficking, possession, manufacturing, and distribution of various types of illegal and controlled substances in Brevard County, FL, and your surrounding areas.
The most strict legal constraints and consequences cover Schedule I and II drugs, including:
- heroin; and
Allegations that you conspired to import, allocate, traffic in or distribute illicit drugs could result in mandatory sentencing punishable by 10 years to life imprisonment in state or federal courts.
Any charges of the following trafficking offenses are first-degree felonies punishable by up to 30 years in imprisonment in Florida.
- Trafficking in Cocaine
- Trafficking in Cannabis
- Trafficking in Heroin
Trafficking in Cocaine between 28 to 200 grams
- 3-year minimum mandatory sentence and a $25,000 fine
Trafficking in Cocaine between 200 to 400 grams
- 7-year minimum mandatory sentence and a $100,000 fine
Trafficking in Cocaine between 400 grams to 150 kilograms
- 15-year minimum mandatory sentence and a $250,000 fine
Trafficking in Cannabis between 25 to 2,000 pounds or 300 or more cannabis plants
- 3-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a $25,000 fine
Trafficking in Cannabis between 2,000 pounds to 10,000 pounds or 2000 or more cannabis plants
- 7-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a $50,000 fine
Trafficking in Cannabis above 10,000 pounds or 10,000 or more cannabis plants
- 15-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a $200,000 fine
Trafficking in Heroin between 4 to 14 grams
- 3-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a $50,000 fine
Trafficking in Heroin between 14 to 28 grams
- 15-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a$100,000 fine
Trafficking in Heroin between 28 grams and 30 kilograms
- 25-year minimum mandatory sentence punishable by a $500,000 fine
If you are facing Drug Trafficking charges, you need a Melbourne criminal defense attorney to represent you and evaluate what defense strategies could safeguard you. In most cases, the FBI or DEA will conduct an investigation regarding your alleged drug trafficking actions. These agencies will work to collect extensive evidence against you. It is in your best interest to immediately secure representation of a criminal defense lawyer that is knowledgeable in defending drug-related crimes.
Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy | Drug Trafficking Attorney in Brevard County
If you are located in Brevard County, Volusia County, Seminole County, Osceola County, Indian River County or Orange County and you are in need of an experienced drug crime defense lawyer, let our criminal defense attorneys fight your cases.
The Law Offices of Germain & McCarthy extensive background knowledge in dealing with the State of Florida drug laws will be beneficial in our approach to aggressively defend you. Provide us with the specific details of your case in our online form or call today, (321) 253-3447.